Wednesday, September 29, 2010

JAI #36 - Birthday Card & Bag


I have to admit that a look through my rather large stack of neglected DSP inspired me to create this card & bag:-




I used this week's JAI's sketch challenge as my starting point.  You can check out the sketch, the DT's inspiring work & all the entries HERE.

Usually I find patterned papers quite intimidating & tend to stick to the muted ones.  The colours in this print are gorgeous though, & I just happened to have matching, identically shaped, leaf brads in my stash!  How lucky was that?  As these were for my Dad, I used knotted twine over strips of cardstock, instead of ribbon.  The matching leaf stamp from the SU Autumn Days set has been used on the envelope & insert.


Card & Bag Components
Cardstock:  SU Crumb Cake (Kraft), Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke
DSP:  Autumn Traditions
Stamp Sets:  SU Autumn Days & Itty Bitty Backgrounds, PTI Through the Trees (sentiment)
Inks:  Versamark, Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, More Mustard
Other:  Kraft Giftbag, Kitchen Twine, Leaf Shape Brads, SU Pastels (Chalks), Corrugating Tool

5 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is fantastic Helen...and I'm sure your Dad loved it (not to mention the bag full of yummy homemade Rocky Road lol)Love the colours in this DP. The matching brads & stamp are perfect. A gorgeous set!
Hugs xx

Paula said...

You have coordinated everything so perfectly Helen! What a super gift set. Love the leaf brads, and how you have carried the leaf theme into the card as well. Thanks for playing at JAI :-)

Danielle Daws said...

Fantastic! I love the twine and the way you've carried the theme through to the inside. :-)

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful. I have me some of those leaf brads too ... hadn't even THOUGHT to pair them with this DSP. Oh, you're full of inspiration!

Fiona Harrison said...

That set looks fantastic, how cool to have those Brads in your stash. Love the twine idea too. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog,
Fi x