Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

JAI #36 - Birthday Card & Bag


I have to admit that a look through my rather large stack of neglected DSP inspired me to create this card & bag:-




I used this week's JAI's sketch challenge as my starting point.  You can check out the sketch, the DT's inspiring work & all the entries HERE.

Usually I find patterned papers quite intimidating & tend to stick to the muted ones.  The colours in this print are gorgeous though, & I just happened to have matching, identically shaped, leaf brads in my stash!  How lucky was that?  As these were for my Dad, I used knotted twine over strips of cardstock, instead of ribbon.  The matching leaf stamp from the SU Autumn Days set has been used on the envelope & insert.


Card & Bag Components
Cardstock:  SU Crumb Cake (Kraft), Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke
DSP:  Autumn Traditions
Stamp Sets:  SU Autumn Days & Itty Bitty Backgrounds, PTI Through the Trees (sentiment)
Inks:  Versamark, Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, More Mustard
Other:  Kraft Giftbag, Kitchen Twine, Leaf Shape Brads, SU Pastels (Chalks), Corrugating Tool