Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Old Guys Rule! (JAI26)


This week the team at JAI has put out the challenge to use embossing - you can play along & check out the fantastic DT samples & entries here.

I created a really simple project with dry embossing (seeing as on last week's entry I had heat embossing to the max!):-


Nice & easy this one, the riding hood red panel has been dry embossed (scored) at 1/2" intervals across the panel.  This is a really easy way to add some interest without detracting from other features on your project.

I also made a matching bag front for a Kraft carry bag:-


Both items feature silver hardware - a Hodgepodge label holder & a jumbo grommet & this awesome paper!  I saw this paper in my travels last week & it amused me so much that I just had to buy some.

It reads "OLD GUYS RULE - HIGH MILEAGE / LOW MAINTENANCE"!  That's just too funny!  :)












The "old guy" I gave it to was pretty happy - maybe because the bag was filled with homemade Rocky Road - YUM......

Project Components
Cardstock:  Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
DSP:  "Old Guys Rule" by Creative Imaginations
Stamp Sets:  SU Whimsical Words
Inks:  Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Other:  Hodgepodge Hardware,  Jumbo Grommets, Grosgrain Ribbon, Kraft Carry Bag