Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Old Guys Rule! (JAI26)


This week the team at JAI has put out the challenge to use embossing - you can play along & check out the fantastic DT samples & entries here.

I created a really simple project with dry embossing (seeing as on last week's entry I had heat embossing to the max!):-


Nice & easy this one, the riding hood red panel has been dry embossed (scored) at 1/2" intervals across the panel.  This is a really easy way to add some interest without detracting from other features on your project.

I also made a matching bag front for a Kraft carry bag:-


Both items feature silver hardware - a Hodgepodge label holder & a jumbo grommet & this awesome paper!  I saw this paper in my travels last week & it amused me so much that I just had to buy some.

It reads "OLD GUYS RULE - HIGH MILEAGE / LOW MAINTENANCE"!  That's just too funny!  :)












The "old guy" I gave it to was pretty happy - maybe because the bag was filled with homemade Rocky Road - YUM......

Project Components
Cardstock:  Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
DSP:  "Old Guys Rule" by Creative Imaginations
Stamp Sets:  SU Whimsical Words
Inks:  Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Other:  Hodgepodge Hardware,  Jumbo Grommets, Grosgrain Ribbon, Kraft Carry Bag

7 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh! These are fabulous! I love the dry embossing panel. :-)

Christine Blain said...

Ha - this is FANTASTIC! Love your work, Helen (but you already know that :)). The dry-embossing looks great on the Riding Hood Red card, and what a great match for the paper. What a fun project.

Tania M. Gould said...

WOW i love these! Really classy!!! You've captured it all perfectly!

Amanda said...

Great take on the embossing challenge, thanks for coming to play at Just Add Ink! xx

Paula said...

What an awesome gift set for a bloke! My brother-in-law would love these - would be something to do with the "V8", I think, lol. TFS

Renée said...

This is a fabulous set! Love the bag and card!! The paper is AWESOME!

Lynne Armstrong said...

Hi Helen...have got to get me some of that paper lol! These are fantastic. Male cards are not my forte...you always have great ideas for masculine cards :) The red & black theme is really striking and the embossed lines are the perfect touch.
Hugs :)