Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Misty Trees


Ooh, winter is definitely here!  It's been very chilly here morning & night, & recently we woke up to heavy mist.  Of course, what can a girl do but use this sight creatively on a project!!  :)

This week Makeesha set an interesting colour challenge.  Here are the colours:-


Makeesha & her DT provided some fantastic inspiration pieces (as always) & Keesh also provided everyone with a great tutorial on a cute card box.  (Thanks Keesh!)  It provided a perfect idea for a gift that I will be making shortly, but for now the weather provided this inspiration:-


The trees have been stamped on Kraft cardstock with Versamark ink & then clear heat embossed.  I have then brayered white craft ink over the image, utilising a torn strip of scrap paper as a mask for the ground.  Once I finished brayering, I wiped the excess ink off the trees & reheated the image to make the embossing nice & shiny.  :)

The sentiment was stamped in real red & also clear embossed.  A jumbo grommet & the reverse side of the dotty real red ribbon completes the card.  This is a good "all-round" card for my stash.

Card Components
Cardstock:  Kraft, Real Red
DSP:  Basic Grey DSP from 6x6 Hostess Pad
Stamp Sets:  PTI's Through the Trees
Inks:  White Craft, Versamark, Real Red
Other:  Grosgrain Ribbon, Jumbo Grommet

8 comments:

Lee said...

Goodness me!!! Your card looks totally misty!! Thank you for telling us how you achieved this effect, I've never seem white brayered before, and I'm liking it very much! Ohhh, and your grommet sets it off perfectly :)

Lee x

Renée said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous! Love the effect that you've created with the trees stamped like that :)

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Helen - you're clever!! LOVE the 'mistiness' of the white brayered on Kraft (was that messy??); LOVE the 'dewy' trees, and the perfect ribbon. Gorgeous.

kirstyscardnscrap said...

Very nice indeed! I love the effect you have created!
Kirsty

Keesh said...

WOW Helen this is stunning! i love those glossy trees. Love it. THanks for playing. Love Keesh x

Lynne Armstrong said...

Hi Helen, The trees look like they belong outside my window this morning lol! We have a lovely frost out there :) Your card is beautiful...love the white brayering and embossing.
Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

As usual your work is just drop dead gorgous!
Ilse

Susie said...

Oh my goodness...what an amazing card! Stunning! I bought a brayer recently, but still haven't used it. You have inspired me to experiment with it. Thank you for sharing you art!