Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

CASE-ing the Catty #21 - SAB/Occasions Gift Bag

It's time to CASE the Catty again!  This week the Team at CTC are CASE-ing a project from the EVERY DAY Section of the Occasions catalogue.  Here is a gift bag I created, using the bag on page 30 as my starting point:-


I have kept the design fairly similar, with a few minor tweaks.  I tried making a flower using the two largest sizes of petals from the Bouquet Bigz die, but it was enormous!!!!  I settled for this camellia type bloom by using two layers of the five petal flower, then one layer of the smallest single petal, then two layers of the next size single petals.  All the petals have been curled upwards & I added a heap of stamens for the centre.  I punched three ellipse shapes with a circle punch, then folded & scrunched them to create the leaves.

This print was my favourite out of the Best Year Ever DSP pack & I've used most of two sheets to create the bag (there's a little left over to create a matching card at some stage).  It measures 9" high by 5" wide x 3" deep.  There is a 2" wide strip on the inside of both 5" edges to secure the handles (which I removed from another bag) & I lined the bottom with the floral print to match the outside:-


I wanted to add some ribbon, so tucked a couple of loops & tails behind the flower.  The calypso banner is a brayered piece of Irresistibly Yours DSP & the sentiment comes from the Simply Wonderful stamp set.

We hope you can find some time to CASE the Catty with us this week.  My fellow DT members have some beautiful samples to inspire you.  You can find them & details of the challenge here:-

http://caseingthecatty.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/case-ing-catty-challenge-21-everyday.html
(Simply click on the graphic)

Project Components
All SU except for the bag handles  :)