Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Lollipop Ladies #48 - A Cupcake Recipe!

Here's my entry for the latest challenge at the Lollipop Ladies:-


& here's the inspiration picture:-



As well as all those yummy cupcakes to get your creatives juices going, there is the added embellishment challenge to incorporate:-

  • 1 of 1 item;
  • 2 of another, &
  • 3 of a third item.

I have chosen to "bake" a chocolate cupcake, complete with spotty patty pan & matching envelope.  I have added:-

  • 1 button;
  • 2 tags, &
  • 3 types of baker's twine.

I've made my cupcake from the super versatile petal cone die, & embossed my patty pan with the stripes embossing folder.  The envelope has been custom made, using the scoring tool.

Here's the front of the envelope.   :)


If you would like to join in on this fun challenge, you can find it here (simply click on the graphic):-


Card Components:  (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Whisper White
DSP:  Brights Stack
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Versamark
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Sentiments ("Happy New Year"), Tiny Tags, Starburst Wheel, Got Treats
Other:  Petal Cone Die, Stripes Embossing Folder, Owl Punch, Brights Button, White Baker's Twine, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Tag Punch, Dimensionals, Scoring Tool, Scallop Circle Punch, 1.3/8" Circle Punch
Non SU:  Red/White Baker's Twine & Brown/White Baker's Twine, 1.1/2" Circle Punch, Clear Glaze Pen

12 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Great card and envelope Helen

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love your cute cupcake with the matching envelope. The embossing on the 'chocolate' looks fantastic. I must try the 'cupcake' card using the Petal Cone Die. Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at the Lollipop Ladies.

Christine Blain said...

This is VERY cute, Helen. I love cupcakes, polka dots and bakers twine (oh, and tiny tags!), so this really makes me smile. Love the use of the Starburst wheel on the cupcake frosting.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi my friend! Sorry it has been so long. I sorted my blog reader lists ... Unsubbed all my email subs ... And somehow lost your link AGAIN! I am such a bad blog friend! But here I am determined to catch up on all I have missed! Love the bright colours of the cupcake and envelope! I need to make a square envelope ... Hhhmmm. Where to start? Hugs xxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Giggle! Ha ha ha! The joke is on me! I wasn't as far behind as I thought! Flap flap .... "if I only had a brain!" hugs xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

So very cute Helen! What a great way to make a "Cupcake"...love your spotty cup and duel twine and those sweet sparkly sprinkles. xxx

Lauren said...

What an adorable card and envelope set. Thanks so much for playing at TLL.

Susan Hogan said...

Fantastic effort Helen. Love all the bits that made it come together and the envelope in particular. Thanks for entering it at Lollipop Ladies. Your recipe is better than mine!

Elaine said...

What a awesome card and envelope, very clever. I love the colours, and the embossing on the chocolate icing, actually I love all of it, so sweet. Thanks for joining in this challenge at The Lollipop Ladies.

Gail said...

Wow ,I love the rich chocolate and raspberry colours together.The envelope is a great idea.Thanks for playing along at TLL.

Jane said...

Great cupcake and matching envelope, fab frosting too.

JennyH said...

Fantastic cupcake, I love it!!
Thanks for joining Lollipop Ladies cupcake challenge, good luck : )