Friday, November 25, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #97 - School's Out.......FOREVER!

Welcome to another Inkspirations Challenge.  This week Keesh has another fab sketch for you to try & the possibilities with this one are endless:-


As for my blog title, last night our DD had her Year 12 Graduation, so it's the end of an era for our family - no more secondary school!

Here's the card I made her, using a cute digi image by Dustin Pike, which I thought summed things up pretty well:-

Simply click on the picture to see it larger.  :)

The Inkspirations Team would love for you to be able to join us in the challenge this week & have provided you with lots of wonderful inspiration pieces.  You can check things out here:-
The Challenge Site

Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée


Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa

Card Components:  (SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla
DSP:  Retired
Inks:  Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Stamps:  Party Time
Other:  Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Dimensionals
Non SU:  Digi image by Dustin Pike, Prismacolor Pencils & Gamsol, CM Oval Patterns, ? Embossing Folder, Kaiser Teal Pearls, Glaze Pen

9 comments:

Fiona Harrison said...

That card is sooo cute and just right. Bet it's rather bitter sweet having school days over with.

Marisa said...

Such a cute image and fabulously coloured too! Little dragon just makes me smile :) Love the text in the BG.

Christine Blain said...

Helen, this is GORGEOUS!! Love your colour choices, and congratulations on giving your Prismacolors a workout! Your colouring is fabulous. Such a cute, fun card that is perfect for your beautiful girl.

Lee-Anne said...

This just made me smile when I saw it too, it's such a lovely, happy card. I love the print background and the image and colouring just rock!
Congratulations on your daughters graduation, I hope it was an amazing night for you all. Wow, no more secondary school, that is definitely the end of an era.
Hope you have wonderful weekend.

Lynne Armstrong said...

I LOVE this Helen....and I'm sure your girl does too :) You won't know yourself now, with two 'grown-ups' in the house lol Next big step will be empty nest :) :) :)
hugs xx

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

LOL! This adorable! I love the image!! Great job on the challenge!

xo B.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a cute card! Love the little dragon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a milestone! I imagine in some senses you are a little sad! We are just finishing our 21st year of kids in school. And ... I have another 5 to go before Sandy graduates. (My only one still at school!) You can imagine the celebrations when we get there at the end of 2016!!! Adorable card, Helen! Super cute! Hugs xx
PS Me thinks SU! needs more "cute"!

Diane Barnes said...

So cute Helen - great colours & details....& what a milestone for your DD. Congrats to all. I'm dreading my baby leaving primary next year. D :0)