Friday, March 11, 2011

Inkspirations Challenge #61 - Laugh, Love, Create....

Well hello, I hope everyone has had a fantastic week.  Keesh has another wonderful sketch for you today & you must, must, must check out the awesome inspiration pieces from the DT.  Here's the sketch:-


I have chosen to make a little decor piece this week & have used my take on the "live, laugh, love" quote.  I am ecstatic about how this little baby turned out & it makes me smile every time I look at it.  Hopefully the recipient will like it half as much.  :)


I've used a gorgeous Country Road, 3D frame, adding a Regal Rose Mat just under the glass.  The flower has had each petal individually stamped, using the rock 'n' roll technique.  They have then been coated in glue & covered in dazzling diamonds.  Once I had them assembled into a flower shape, I added a cute, clear pink button & thread.  It's very sparkly.  :)


The letters were die-cut on my Robo:-


I scalloped the bottom edge of the white panel & added cute little pearls.

Here are the links so you can play along & leave the DT some comment love:-
The Challenge Site
 

Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée






Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa
 

Card Components
Cardstock:  SU Whisper White, Regal Rose, Peach Parfait & Pretty in Pink
DSP:  SU Sweet Always (retired)
Stamps:  Large petal stamp from SU Playful Pieces Hostess Set
Inks:  SU Regal Rose & Peach Parfait
Other:  Peach Parfait Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Button, Thread, Scallop Edge Punch, Dimensionals, Pearls, Picture Frame

14 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Helen! You really are just a little bit TOO clever, I think! Those sparkly, pretty petals are divine, and your finished product makes for a wonderful gift.

Marisa said...

Love your take on the sketch. this is fabulous! The sparkly flower is wonderful as are the different coloured words. Wonderfully done :)

Cindy Major said...

Wow, your rock 'n rolled, glittered flower is gorgeous, and I love how you created a frame out of this sketch! The result is just lovely!

Cindy :)

Paula said...

So very pretty and a great idea to frame it!

Lynne Armstrong said...

Another masterpiece Helen :) LOVE this...it will be a lovely gift for someone, if you can bear to part with it lol.
Hugs xx
PS Beautiful little pearls :)

Renée said...

absolutely beautiful, Helen!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Love the picture frame idea...makes your creation a keepsake. TFS! - Heidi

Krista Driessen said...

Gorgeous project !! Love the glitter !

Carrie Gaskin said...

Helen, this is so pretty. I love your take on the sketch and that you made this awesome frame. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Just beautiful, Helen! Sweet colours ... great design! Gorgeous details! Hugs xxaxx

Diane Barnes said...

Hi Helen
Really love your frame. It would be the perfect addition to any crafty area or family room. Thanks too for your lovely comment on my blog. I love seeing your beautiful work, so I thought it was about time I said hi. Inky wishes, Di

Makeesha Byl said...

WOW Helen this is just beautiful! Love your frame and so perfect to hang up! Keesh x

Fiona Harrison said...

Hi Helen,

I love this, it is so bright and cheery. The rock 'n rolled petals with all the gorgeous sparkle is just stunning. I had to stock up on that DSP before it retired as I love the colours (me, who used to hate orange!).

Thank you for all your lovely, encouraging, blog comments. I truly value every comment, especially coming from someone so talented as yourself!!!

Fi xox

Fiona Harrison said...

PS did you see I nominated you for a blog award? Was about 2 posts back on my blog.
:-)