Sunday, September 19, 2010

Inkspirations #40 - Cupcakes


Hi, this week Makeesha has set a colour challenge using Rose Red, So Saffron, Basic Grey & Whisper White.  You can see all the DT's inspiration pieces & join in the fun here

This is my DL sized card:-


I have used the new SU Level 3 Hostess Set called Playful Pieces for the cupcakes. 

I stamped the icing tops, then to make cutting them out easier, I punched them out with a circle punch & then trimmed the bottom scalloped edge with scissors:-

 
To make the pink patty pan I used the stamp kissing method & then added yellow to the flowers with a blender pen. 


When I stamped the yellow patty pans with the kissing method, I found they were way too light!  Instead I stamped the patterned rectangle, then I flipped the cardstock over & stamped the patty pan image.  Then I cut out the shape with scissors, flipped it back over & had a perfect patterned patty pan.  The patty pans have all been glazed & mounted to the card with dimensionals.  


I adhered the buttons (threaded with cardstock) & the pink heart (which is the head of a dressmaking pin) to the cupcake tops with crystal effects.  Then the tops were glittered & added to the cupcakes using dimensionals.

Card Components
Cardstock:  Rose Red, So Saffron, Basic Grey, Whisper White
Stamp Sets:  SU Playful Pieces, Something Sweet
Inks:  Purely Pomegranate (sorry, don't have any Rose Red), So Saffron
Other:  Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, Buttons, Pinhead (heart), Grosgrain Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware (button buckle), Dimensionals, Clear Glaze Pen

9 comments:

Paula said...

Gorgeous, goregous!! It looks good enough to eat Helen. I especially like the ribbon details and hardware attached. Great job!

Dani Fender said...

Super Stunning card. Love all the different details. Looks so clean also. Anyone would love to recieve it!

Lynne Armstrong said...

This looks very yummy Helen :) Gorgeous...love all the little details. Very clever how you cut the icing!
Hugs xx

Christine Blain said...

Oh, too cute, Helen! Such a sweet, pretty card; all the details are gorgeous. You are very clever to think of punching out the 'icing', then trimming.

ileana said...

These are so cute, Helen! what a wonderful idea! love how you singled out one cupcake by reversing its colors, perfect touch! Hugs,

Genelle Little said...

So sweet Helen! Thanks for the tutorial as well, very clever!

Cindy Major said...

I just recognized the stamp from Playful Pieces you used for your cupcakes... That was SO very clever!!!!! Best card I've seen done with this set. Thanks so much for inspiring me to pull mine out!

Cindy :)

Renée said...

You're so smart! Love how you cut all those out :) Gorgeous!!

Sam said...

Oooooohhhhhhh Helen...this card looks so YUMMY! I now have a hankering for cupcakes :-) These little blinged up cakes look so pretty.

:-)
Sam.