Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring Scooter


The challenge on Michelle Perkett's site this week is for a Side Step Card with a Spring theme.  Well, this entry is maybe a little late(?) but I thought I would play along anyway as the image is so ADORABLE (& no-one else seems to have used him yet).



This is a digital stamp by Michelle named Scooter.  I decided to give Scooter a spring theme by placing him in a in a field.  To do this, I made steps on either side of Scooter.  When I added the "grass" strips, I cut them in a single piece the entire width of the card, so that there is not a big gap in the grass behind Scooter when you view him side on.


If you're wondering, this is how the steps looked before I attached everything.

 

This is only my second digi image.  This time I printed the image on good old cartridge paper (the type of paper in artist's sketch pads - like the kids have for school).  I coloured the image using my Derwent pencils (which are 30+ years old) & blended the colours using a mineral solution.  It's very different to my favourite method of watercolouring with inkpad inks & an aquapainter, but I think the look of the colouring suits Scooter.

Card Components
Cardstock:  Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Cartridge Paper
Ink:  Pretty In Pink
Stamp Sets:  Michelle Perkett's Digital Image "Scooter", SU Short & Sweet 
Punches:  Scallop Oval, Large Oval, Small Flower
Other:  Derwent Pencils, Mineral Blender, Chalks, Ribbons, Rhinestones, Dimensional Adhesives

4 comments:

Jean said...

This is absolutly beautiful and fun.
thanks for joining in this weeks challenge
Hugs Jean

Michelle said...

Helen!! this is the most adorable card!!! OMG, I am in love with how you put little Scooter in a field of flowers!! How cute is he with his little pink bow?!? I love it!! thank you so much Helen for such a wonderful and whimsical entry!!:)

Michelle:)

Lynne Armstrong said...

He is sooooo CUTE!! Your colouring is lovely on him Helen. Very clever card.
hugs
Lynne

Christine Blain said...

This is adorable, Helen. Your colouring looks great (wow, those pencils have stood the test of time, haven't they?), and I love the colours and the exquisite finishing of the card.