Wednesday, March 17, 2010

JAI Challenge #8 - Just Add Easter


Hithere, I thought I might join in the Just Add Ink challenge this week.  The challenge is to "just add Easter".

I decided to make up my own pattern for some little Easter bags:-


With a little tweaking, I turned the smaller one into a bunny.  He is cut from white glossy cardstock, with a hint of sponging in his ears & for his cheeks:-


The bags are made from a single piece of paper & don't need adhesive.  There is a flap at the top which tucks into a slit on the back.  Here's the little bag open:-


They work beautifully with double sided DSP, or you could make them in cardstock & stamp your own design.  This is what they look like side on:-



You can fit either three of the little solid eggs in the small bag/bunny, or one of the slightly larger filled eggs.  Yum, the pink ones I have here are strawberry filled!   :)

You can fit either six of the little solid eggs or three of the filled eggs in the large bag.

I thought they would make really cute little Easter class gifts for school, or obviously the bags could be used for all sorts of occasions.

So, if you would like a PDF version of the patterns, so you can print them out straight onto paper to cut out, please leave me a comment somewhere on my blog (make sure there is some sort of link for me to your email address) & I would be happy to share them with you.

Hope you like them!  I enjoyed making them (& sampling the eggs).....

Bag Components
Cardstock:  White Glossy, Almost Amethyst, Pretty In Pink
DSP:  SU Tea Party
Stamp Sets:  Yummy, Sock Monkey, Something Sweet
Inks:  Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Punches:  Large Oval, Scallop Oval
Other:  Hodgepodge Hardware, Pink Brads, Ribbons, Dimensional Adhesive, Nylon Thread, CHOCOLATE EGGS!


11 comments:

bronheslop said...

Helen, that is SO cute! I would love your pattern, please. Thanks for sharing!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This little bag is just gorgeous, especially with the Tea Party DSP. I'd love the PDF file!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

bronaddinktivedesigns@gmail.com

Lynne Armstrong said...

You are sooo clever Helen...aren't I lucky to have you as my friend :) These are sooo cute! I'm looking forward to making some soon.
hugs
Lynne

Danielle Daws said...

Wow - these are so adorable, and I LOVE the bunny variation! I love the DSP you've used too. I never say no to a fabulous template!! My email is danielleharvey77@hotmail.com

Thanks! :-)

Zoë said...

What cute little bags Helen. I'd love a pdf please. martin.tant@homecall.co.uk Thanks for sharing. Zoë

delysc said...

wow this is very clever ..Id love a copy of your PDF too please Helen!

Christine Blain said...

Very cute, and creative!

Amanda said...

Delish!! Love your little creations, they are sublime! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink!! x Amanda

Creative AddINKtion said...

Hi there
This is a great little bag, very clever design. Is it to late to get the PDF please?
mbeach@xtra.co.nz.
Thank you for sharing

H2 :) said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Just email me if you would like a copy of the template. H2 :) March 2011

nana said...

Love this one too. Please send a copy of the templates: torybuzby@hotmail.com
Your work is fabulous.