Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A rainbow coloured CAS card - Reverse Masked Sentiment

The current challenge at SU Only calls for a CAS design while Just Add Ink have a delicious inspiration picture with a rainbow theme.  I combined these two challenges to create this card:-


The large dots were stamped using one of the "waste" inner circles from the Daydream Medallions set.

I struggle with CAS cards as I feel the need to add some sort of texture or layering to make them feel "finished".  To combat this I die-cut the "hi" from the Label Card die & used it as a stencil to ink directly onto the card with versamark ink.  Then I used black embossing powder to get a bold, glossy, raised sentiment!

A simple rhinestone, a skinny black mat & a white notecard finish my project.  :)

You can check out both teams' fabulous DT samples & play along in the challenges here (click on the respective graphic):-

http://suochallenges.com/?p=4068      http://www.just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/just-add-ink-229.html

 Card Components
All Stampin' Up! 

Edited to add
Thank you to the Team at SUO Challenges for choosing my card in their Top 3