Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Just Breathe Mermaid


This is my entry for Makeesha's challenge this week.


To keep the sentiment at the top, I rotated the design by 90 degrees.  The wonderful image I have used is a digital stamp by Michelle Perkett.  I have coloured the mermaid using my trusty Derwent pencils & a mineral blending solution.  I have applied a layer of dimensional glaze to her tail & used metallic gel pen to add copper highlights to her hair.

I have "fussy" cut around the mermaid & popped her up on dimensionals. Here's a close up:-



Edited to Add

I decided to change the two components in the corner from handcut flowers from the stamp image to half-pearls, I then added one of the flowers to the bottom of the mermaid panel.  I think it looks much better.  :)



Card Components
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Cartridge Paper
Stamp Sets:  Digital Image "Just Breathe" by Michelle Perkett
Other:  Derwent pencils, mineral blender, teeny, weeny rhinestones & half-pearls, organza ribbon, dimensional glaze, dimensional adhesive